Thursday, April 14, 2022

Papier mache furniture: tall table

 
I've been working hard on trying to prepare chairs to create my first video on how to make papier mache furniture. This is a table that was a bit of an unplanned bi-product of that. 

The base was pre-made for another project a while ago. at it's centre is the majority of a bag of weighted beads which got everywhere. I tried to fold them into the pulp which was very messy. If I was going to make it again I'd make a pulp container and start by filling that. 

The 'stem' of the table is an old carpet roll tube that was discovered in the cellar and stuffed with pva soaked newspaper to add strength.

For the table top I cut out a hexagon of cardboard and covered it with about 6 layers of pulp. It's currently still drying and a long way off being completed. 

How will it look when it's finished? I'm not sure yet. I'll be working on strengthening it for a while. The plan was to make a table to go with a set of papier mache chairs but this table is far too tall. It's probably going to be one of those projects that gets set aside until something comes to me. Probably as I'm trying to get to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment